Senior Dates and Important Information
* Senior Meeting — March 23rd — during ISt block — 8:45 A.M.
* Announcements and Gowns - Delivered on April 7th - Mail announcements by April 23rd.
* Senior Slide Show Pictures MUST be submitted by April 9th to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Try-outs for Senior Pep Rally Participants—April 20th after school— A sign-up sheet will be located on the
choms room door. All participants must try out this day. See Mrs. Franks in room 203 if you have any questions.
* Senior Takeover Day — April 29th - Students may apply to be a LHS faculty/staff member for part of the day
* Senior Pep Rally, Dance, and Slide Show — April 29th 8:30 A.M. in the gym — Junior class may attend also
* Powder Puff Game — April 29th —4th block- for all who have cleared fees and fines
* Senior Reward Day — April 30th
* Junior & Senior Prom — May 1st— LHS Football Stadium 7:30 P.M. until 11 :30 P.M. — Fees and fines
must be paid in order to purchase tickets.
* EOCs — May 3rd - 6th -If EOC is required, you can't earn credit for the class without taking the EOC.
* AP Government test (AM) — May 3rd
* AP Calculus test (AM) and AP Human Geography test (PM) — May 4th
* AP US History (AM) May 6th
* Senior Walk — May 7th — School field trip on buses to elementary and middle feeder schools — must
have signed permission form (8:00-11:30) Wear cap and gown this day w/school clothes under gown
Seniors may check out once we return to LHS.
* Fees and Fines - Must be paid by May 6th - 3:15 P.M. If not paid, no practice, no breakfast, no
graduation - NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!
* Honor Graduate Practice for Senior Recognition Night — May 13th — 11:15 A.M.
* Senior Recognition Night — May 13th - LHS Gym 6:30 P.M. — by invitation only for seniors and 4 guests
(Tickets will be distributed.) — All senior recognition will take place this night (scholarships, letters and
bars, departmental awards, crowning of Mr. & Miss LHS, etc.)
* Underclassmen Recognition by grade levels— May 14th - in the gym
* Baccalaureate Service — May 16th - Optional (religious) - Time of dedication at the First Baptist Church -
2:00 P.M. - More information to be announced later
* Senior Breakfast — May 19th — 8:15 A.M. in the cafeteria
* Graduation Practice - Wednesday, May 19th — Graduation practice will begin after breakfast at
8:45 A.M. Meet in the cafeteria - WORK-BASED LEARNING STUDENTS ASK OFF NOW!
GRADUATION PRACTICE IS MANDATORY - 8:45 - 11:30 A.M.
*Graduation — Friday, May 21st j- Be in #PitCrew by 6:45 P.M. - wearing cap & gown
Graduation starts promptly at 8:00 P.M. in the stadium.
Each graduate will be given 6 tickets. Guests must wear masks until they are seated.
In the event of inclement weather, graduation will be moved to the LaFayette High School gymnasium
Friday evening, and only 4 guests (golden/orange tickets) will be allowed into the gym per graduate.
Ladies - Wear a dress that does not show above the "V" in the gown and dress shoes
(low heels preferred since you will be walking across the field). NO COLLARS ON GOWNS
Men- Wear dark pants or khakis (No jeans or shorts), dress shirts with tie; socks and dress shoes
Decorations on caps must be one dimensional (This means everything attached must be flat - use paper or paint)